CRIS Radio's Voice's of World War I project received a little mention in this morning's Courant in a story about ceremonies remembering the war.
You can read it HERE
Voices of World War I launched today at the Connecticut State Library. Secretary of State Denise Merrill, DRS Commissioner Amy Porter and other dignitaries were on hand to praise the new service that makes historical documents from World War I available to people with disabilities.
CRIS volunteers … Continue Reading ››
World War I Archives Made Accessible with Audio Recordings
CRIS Radio, the IDEAL Group, and the Connecticut State Library (CSL) are working together on a collaborative pilot project to improve access to archival records and historical documents for individuals with print disabilities. Read more.
Visit Connecticut Explored
Spring 2017 articles:
- Remembering World War I
- The Connecticut National Guard on the Mexican Border
- Letting Slip the Dogs of War
- Connecticut Pioneers Built the U.S. Navy’s First Airship
- SPECIAL SECTION: Connecticut State Library—Connecticut in World War I
- The Bonus Marchers
- Ruth Hovey, Hartford Hero
- The 102nd Regiment on the Western Front
- Aviation Pioneer Benjamin Foulois
- Site Lines: Connecticut’s World War I Memorials.
Today we had the opportunity to meet with staff of CFMC, along with dozens of other grantees to talk about funding CRIS is receiving this year from the Foundation. We couldn't operate with community foundation support from folks like CFMC, and we thrive … Continue Reading ››
Learn more about Kim by clicking HERE.