Read Transcripts of Documents:
- Maynard, Sep 24, 1918 letter to brother
- Maynard, Oct 2, 1918 letter to brother
- Maynard, Oct 10, 1918 Letter to Mother
- Maynard, Nov 4, 1918 letter to Mother
- Maynard, Nov 4, 1918 letter to brother
"We are in the range of the big guns and they can be heard very plain from here. Well since leaving the hospital I have put about twenty days in the front line. ... We have had some real hard times during that time you bet...."
Sgt. Maynard was killed on November 11, 1918. He is buried in France.