IDEAL Group, a partner in the Voices of World War I project, has collected these tools and developed these tutorials to help you develop your own accessible documents.
Please start by reading the Objectives and Requirements page.
While you may skip to a tutorial of a subject that catches your eye, we suggest that you follow them in order, as they are somewhat cumulative. You will collect documents and download programs along the way that will be useful as you advance.
- Tutorial #1: Create an Accessible Word and PDF Document
- Tutorial #2: Use Central Access Reader (CAR) to Read an Accessible Word Document
- Tutorial #3: Generate an MP3 File From an Accessible Word Document Using Central Access Reader
- Tutorial #4: Convert an Accessible Word Document into a DAISY eBook
- Tutorial #5: Create an EPUB eBook From an Accessible OpenOffice Document
- Tutorial #6: Create an Accessible, Human Narrated, DAISY Ebook Using Tobi
- Tutorial #7: Explore IDEAL Group’s “Tesseract,” Online OCR Implementation